After a little break, here’s the next Advent picture – this time based on the first of the ‘O’ antiphons:
- O Sapientia, quae ex ore Altissimi prodiisti,
- attingens a fine usque ad finem,
- fortiter suaviterque disponens omnia:
- veni ad docendum nos viam prudentiae.
- O Wisdom, coming forth from the mouth of the Most High,
- reaching from one end to the other,
- mightily and sweetly ordering all things:
- Come and teach us the way of prudence.
4 thoughts on “O Sapientia”
could you get it made into a set of plates?
I like the idea – or coasters? 😉
Love the idea that Jesus is the embodiment of God’s wisdom!
…and how the Logos of John 1 captures that without ever reducing it to an explanation 🙂